NEEDS OF CRITICAL THINKING: CAT
Project number: 2020-1-SK01-KA204-078371
DURATION: 30 months
- UNIVERZITA SV. CYRILA A METODA V TRAVNE – Slovakia (coordinator)
- Fundacja Pro Scientia Publica – Poland
- NAZILLI HAYAT BOYU OGRENME DERNEGI – Turkey
- Prave ted! o.p.s. – Czech Republic
- ASSOCIAZIONE CULTURALE EDUVITA E.T.S. – Italy
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Critical thinking in the world of new technologies and the rapid flow of information takes on special significance and becomes a key competence also in the life of adults. Thanks to critical thinking, man can better understand the problems of the modern world, define his place in it, understand himself and act more efficiently. Critical thinking is also regarded as one of the determinants of adulthood in the intellectual sphere because it allows a person to distinguish facts from manipulation and fake news.
1) to create a questionnaire for analyzing the critical thinking needs of adult learners.
The created questionnaire will be disseminated, along with a guide and basic measures in free access, as ready for use by organizations involved in adult education. Thanks to this, it will be possible to identify areas of critical thinking that should be developed during almost every educational process in every situation.
2) to create an online and open access course (e-learning platform) of critical thinking development based on the real needs of adult learners defined in the survey carried out on 1000 respondents from across Europe. The final result is the creation of a user-friendly and effective tool for the development of critical thinking skills.
The target group are adult learners (in a special focus on elders), adult educators from partnership organizations and adult education organizations.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.